Notepad is a text editor same like as Edit in Dos. We use notepad to
create or edit files which do not require formatting. It saves the text in Text
Only format. Notepad has a limit of size i.e. it can handle files having the
size of less than 64 KB.
Various operation possible with Notepad are as follows:-
To cut, copy, paste, or delete text
- To cut text so you can move it to another location, select the text,
and then on the Edit menu, click Cut.
- To copy text so you can paste it in another location, select the
text, and then on the Edit menu, click Copy.
- To paste text you have cut or copied, place the insertion point
where you want to paste the text, and then on the Edit menu, click
- To delete text, select it, and then on the Edit menu, click
To wrap text to the window size
On the Edit menu, click Word Wrap.
- Wrapping text makes all the text visible on the screen, but it doesn't
affect the way text appears when it is printed.
To find specific characters or words
- On the Search menu, click Find.
- In Find what, type the characters or words you want to find.
- Click Find Next
To insert the time and date in a document
- Move the insertion point to where you want to add the time and date.
- On the Edit menu, click Time/Date.
To create a header or footer
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
- In the Header or Footer box, type the letter and character
combination from the following table:
|Insert the open file's name or "(untitled)" if the file
has no name.
|Insert the date.
|Insert the time specified by your computer's clock.
|Insert page numbers.
|Insert an ampersand (&).
|Align the header or footer to the left, center, or right.
||&l, &c, or &r
- You can use more than one combination in the Header or Footer
box. Leaving a space or two between each combination will make the header or
footer easier to read.
- You can also incorporate text with the combinations. For example, "Page
&p" will print out as "Page 1”, "Page 2", and so on.
RCPP Project Office
Rashtriya Computer Prakshikshan Pariyojna